Wednesday, October 7, 2015

RSS feeds prompting for user/password (login/authentication/credentials)

Hello Friends,

A week ago I added an RSS feed with a username/password for authentication. I use Thunderbird as mail/RSS client. I thought once I entered the authentication details, they are remembered, so I shouldn't be prompted again. However, every time Thunderbird starts up it prompts for username/password for authentication.

Finally I resolved the issue by altering URL in this format:
http://username:password@www.livejournal.com/~blogowner/data/atom?auth=digest
(make sure to substitute the name of an actual blog for "blogowner")

Now I get the login dialog at least once per update.

Hope this helps you to subscribe an RSS feed with a username/password for authentication.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Find a cool free stuff everyday

Giveaway of the Day

Hiren Bharadwa's Posts

DotNetJalps