Monday, October 10, 2011

Migrate MySQL to Microsoft SQL Server

Introduction

This article describes a few simple steps in order to migrate MySQL into Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The technique is very easy, but useful if you plan to move your data from MySQL and upgrade it finally to a Microsoft SQL Server environment.

Background

Initially, I started my search for an article on CodeProject regarding MySQL->MS SQL migration without any success. I had an old PHPbb forum running, that needed to be upgraded to a Microsoft environment entirely. I could have just kept MySQL and Apache server, but instead I decided to migrate the entire concept of PHPbb to a YAF-forum.


Source: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/migrate-mysql-to-mssql.aspx

No comments:

Find a cool free stuff everyday

Giveaway of the Day

Hiren Bharadwa's Posts

DotNetJalps