Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Login with multiple ids in google, yahoo, orkut



Do you maintain multiple Google Accounts? Solve that headache of logging in and out different accounts in Firefox by this trick. I feel life can get complicated if you operate more than one Google Account and have associated different Google services with different accounts.

For example I have two Gmail ID's. One tamag[at]gmail for my work and another gautam[at]gmail for personal use. I am a big fan of Firefox and each time I need to read mails, I am annoyed of logging in and out for different id's.

Well this trick has done wonders for me, Hope it works for you to.

step 0 :
- Download Firefox for more efficiency(optional).

Step 1:
- Open system "properties"(by right clicking my computer).
- Choose tab "advanced", click to "environment variables" button.
- In "system variables" section, click "new".
- Type this information to each textbox.

Step 2:
variable name: moz_no_remote (should be all small letter).
variable value: 1

Step 3:
- Open firefox icon's properties (from desktop and quick launch).
- Add extension -p to command line(like "c:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe" -p).
- Press ok.




When you will open firefox it will prompt for profile selection create a profile,open firefox login to orkut open once more use another profile login.

No comments:

Find a cool free stuff everyday

Giveaway of the Day

Hiren Bharadwa's Posts

DotNetJalps